Effective date: January 15, 2019
MrGuardian App ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the BeNear mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the "Service", "Services").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
What information does the Company collect?
The Company collects two types of information, as follows:
- Non identifiable and anonymous information which consists of technical information and behavioral information, including but not limited to ("Non Personal Information"). To put it simply, We have no idea what is the identity of the User from which We have collected the Non-personal Information.
The Non-personal Information We gather consists of technical information and behavioral information, including, among others, the type of the User's Mobile Device and its operating system and version, Mobile Device language, Mobile Device storage, screen resolution and other modes, User's 'click-stream' and patterns on the Application, internet connectivity, geographical location derived from GPS signal, etc: We use the Non-personal Information to analyze (and we may engage third parties to analyze) the Non-personal Information to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to Individuals’ needs and preferences. In order to improve our Service for you, we use data generated while using the Service. This includes better understanding of app usage in order to better tailor our Service offerings to the needs of our customers. It comprises the following data points: app starts, session lengths feature usage, clicks, IP address, Mobile ad IDs, Installation UUID, Android IDs. For tracking these data points, creating statistics and derive improvement analysis we handover this data to the following third party Services:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Analytics
- Individually identifiable information which consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by You to Company, either directly or through the Application and/or Services, such as ("Personal Information") To put it simply, this information may identify an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature:
- Users who are interested in opening an account may be requested to provide the following details via the registration form: full name, country, e-mail, address, phone number, birthday, choose a password and to choose at least one Emergency contact and/or Friend.
- Alternatively, the User can open an account and sign up for the Service via a third party social network account (e.g. Facebook, Odnoklassniki.ru, VK.ru, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and others) and/or via email. In the event that a User registers to the Application and/or Service through his/her existing social network account, then such social network account provides Us with access to certain information about such User as is stored in the User’s social network account, namely, certain public information (e.g. full name, profile picture and cover photos, networks, contact list and any other information which the User made public) and/or any other information which is detailed and displayed to the User in the notice which appears during the "Log in" with such social network account process. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is available to Us via the social network account. You hereby agree that such information will be stored even after the linkage to Your social network account expires, for any reason.
- Upon installation, the Application may request access to the following Personal Information from the User's device:
- In-app purchases;
- Device ID;
For the sake of clarity, any Non-personal Information combined with Personal Information shall be regarded as Personal information.
For which purposes does the Company collect Non-Personal information?
- Enhance the User experience on the Application and Services (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions); and
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends of usage of the Application and Services (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others); and
- Statistical purposes.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enable the use of certain Services provided through the Application and Services;
- Open an account in the Application;
- Personalize User experience in the Application and Services;
- Determine Geo-location information (for features of Places, Where Are You, Share My Location, Help Me and others );
- Enable provision of technical assistance and support;
- Notify Users of new features, products and Services;
- Direct marketing activities;
- Enable the User to register for special offers, contests or premium Services; and
- Verify the User's identity;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising;
- Track your location and movements (for features of Places and others);
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and Automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices;
- Notify your friends and/or your Emergency contacts in case of activation of Help Me button by you (for features like “Help Me” and others);
- Allow you to invite your contacts like family, friends and who you would like to from your device and/or from phone book;
- Set up and/or to change your avatar and/or profile picture;
To see detailed functionality description please visit our https://mrguardian.com/terms_of_use.php
Sharing the information with third parties:
- From time to time, we may employ third parties to help us provide or improve our Service. These third parties, such as our analytics or hosting provider, may have limited access to databases of user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us provide or improve Service. We may, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose your Personal Information (including messages) to a third party without your consent: if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities, in connection with any legal investigation, when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on BeNear, to any third party with your prior consent to do so.
- We share your personal information, including name, email, location and driving event data, with your BeNear’s Contacts (e.g. your family members, your friends, your colleagues, your employees, that you’ve invited to be your Friend and/or you accepted their invitation to be their Friend)
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, affiliates, vendors and consultants who perform Services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as marketing, accounting, technical, managerial, analytic Services and/or other Service providers.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to our social pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, VK, Odnoklassniki, will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online and/or link your reviews to third party websites.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that anonymized and/or aggregated data with third parties. For example, we may share de-identified location data with third parties that analyze location and movement trends.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, Services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- Except as described above, we will not share Your Personal Information with any third party, except for the following cases: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request; (b) to enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations of such the terms of this Agreement, either by Us, by Google or by Apple; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) to respond to User's support requests; (e) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (f) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, email address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; (g) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Company, its Users, or the general public; (h) when Company is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of the assets of Company; and (i) pursuant to Your explicit approval, in order to supply certain Services You have requested from Company.
In order to protect Your privacy and the general security of Our users, You are hereby requested to notify Us immediately if You become aware of any unauthorized use of Your User's Information. We will do Our best to resolve the problem but please be aware that We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of Your User's Information or any other breach of security.
2. Contact Information
If You have any questions or comments, please write to the following address: [email protected]